I was in Manchester at the weekend, one of the bustling Northern Powerhouses that are regaining something of their former pre-eminence. I had been in the city to meet up with a friend and after we parted, instead of heading straight back to the station I took a walk around Piccadilly Gardens, Oldham Street, St. Annes Square. After an unpromising start the day had got its glad rags on and decided to end with a burst of sunshine and a welcome rise in temperature.
I always have a camera of some sorts with me, this time is was a Panasonic Lumix DMC LX2. Its a little bit battered around the edges but then again so am I. I didn’t have a project in mind, it was a case of just walk and if anything caught my eye, press the shutter release and that’s what I did.
A bit of editing and I’ve split the results into two, I suppose the ‘Part One’ in the title is a bit of a give away on that front, Part Two will be along shortly.
Oh, a last thought, because I like black and white, the shots are all in that way. Again I suppose the ‘In Monochrome’ in the title gives that one away. Anyway, enough blah from me, here’s some pictures.
Some Stuff Of Mine.
13 replies ›
- MANCHESTER. To The Christmas Markets! – lachlansimages
- ASHTON – UNDER – LYNE. Art In The Street. – lachlansimages
- MANCHESTER. Pho at I Am Pho. – lachlansimages
- MANCHESTER. Underneath The Arches. – lachlansimages
- MANCHESTER. Year Of The Rat. – lachlansimages
- MANCHESTER. 2019 The Year of The Pig. – lachlansimages
- MANCHESTER. A Walk On A Sunny Day. – lachlansimages
- ON THE MOVE. Six Random Shots – lachlansimages
- MANCHESTER. The City In Monochrome – lachlansimages
- MANCHESTER. Art On The Street. – lachlansimages
- TODMORDEN. Taking It Easy – lachlansimages
- MANCHESTER. A Christmas Market Evening. – lachlansimages
- BRADFORD. Pulling A Rabbit Out Of The Hat – lachlansimages