Slowly catching up with 2020, think I’m nearly there.
As usual my Christmas was being sorted on the hoof as the last few days of the year and the decade tumbled past. Luckily I only needed a few bits and pieces so I headed over to Chorley knowing that I would be certain of a good chance of getting what I was looking for. Plus it was a Tuesday which meant it would be Flat Iron Market Day. This means extra stalls and traders over and above the regulars in the covered market. I believe the name comes from the days of weaving when the weavers would bring in their lengths of cotton for sale and weigh them down with an old flat iron.
A one time the Flat Iron was held on the large car park adjacent to the town centre but parts of this have been taken over with a small extension to the Market Walk shopping centre, which includes a new cinema which is now on my ‘To Try’ list. Anyway the upshot of this means that the Flat Iron stalls now thread their way through the towns pedestrianized streets around the covered market which helps to bring that extra bit of variety to an already busy town centre.
And yes I did do coffee and I did do cake.
Some Other Links
9 replies ›
- ASTLEY HALL. The Redcoats Are Coming. – lachlansimages
- ASTLEY PARK. The Wall, A Door & Some Chimney Pots. – lachlansimages
- CHORLEY. Snowdrops In Astley Park. – lachlansimages
- CHORLEY. Chorley Live, Music On The Streets. – lachlansimages
- CHORLEY. Waiting For The Bus. – lachlansimages
- Chorley. Leek & Potato Soup – lachlansimages
- HESKIN . A Day At The Steam Rally. – lachlansimages
- CHORLEY. Astley Hall All Lit Up. – lachlansimages
- RIVINGTON. Follies Of The Wise & Motorbikes – lachlansimages